LMT has in-house 3D printing capabilities. Having this technology in-house can greatly reduce time to
market. Most prototypes can be printed same day, allowing multiple revisions to be completed in a
week. Before using this technology, these changes would need to take place with the tooling steel that
would increase the very valuable time to get new products to market.
LMT has two printers that utilize different technologies.
Stratasys Dimension 1200es
- Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- 10" X 10" X 12" max build size
- Layer thickness down to 0.010"
- Prints material similar to ABS mechanical properties
- 9 different colors available
Stratasys Objet30 Pro
- PolyJet modeling technology
- 11.5" X 7.5" X 5.9" max build size
- Layer thickness down to 0.0006"
- Multiple materials available
- Rigid material in 4 colors
- Clear material similar to PMMA
- High temperature for functional testing
- Simulated polypropylene great for testing snap fit features